2019 Silmaril Award Nominations for Most Epic Hero
Welcome to the fourth annual Silmaril Awards, the fantasy character awards! This is your chance to nominate your favorite fantasy heroes in a fiction free-for-all to see which one is the most epic.
There are ten awards up for grabs (see the list below for links to the other awards). On this page is where we’re accepting nominations and seconds for fantasy heroes. All you have to do to nominate is post a comment with the name of the hero you’d like to see considered for the award. Or, if he’s already been nominated, you can simply reply with a “second” to the original comment for that hero.
The rules for nominating are as follows:
- You may nominate as many heroes as you wish.
- You may also second as many heroes nominated by others as you choose. The more “seconds” (and thirds, fourths, etc) a character receives, the more likely that character will move on to the voting round, which will feature the top five most nominated characters from each category (the host will break any ties).
- Nominations are allowed for fantasy book characters only! (Movie characters are not allowed, unless the book came first).
- The Silmaril Awards are “lifetime” awards. Characters who have already won a Silmaril in previous years are not eligible to win the same award again (though they may win other awards.) For a list of past winners, please visit silmarilawards.com.
- Also, unfortunately, known characters from Tolkien’s works are allowed. They are the presenters of the awards, you see. So this is for all the “other guys.”
The Most Epic Hero Award
Because the hosts of the Silmaril Awards have special connections with the Valar, we will be giving a silmaril to each character deemed worthy enough in each category.
The Most Epic Hero silmaril will go to the character whose bravery and nobility carried the day in truly epic fashion. This is the hero the minstrels write songs and poems about, the one who fights ’til his last breath, and the one the villains most desperately strive to defeat.
Past winners include: Robin Hood, Peter Pevensie, and Edmund Pevensie.
The award will be presented by one of the greatest heroes of the fourth age, who through his noble heart and inspiring presence led the free peoples of Middle-Earth into battle against the very gates of Mordor itself.
This year’s awards
Here it the list of the rest of this year’s awards with links to where you can make your nominations:
- Least Competent Henchman
- Most Epic Heroine
- Most Faithful Friend
- Most Mischievous Imp
- Most Magnificent Dragon
- Most Nefarious Villain
- Silver Tongue
- Strangest Character
- Wisest Counselor
The awards this year will go by the following schedule:
Nominations week — September 2-8
Voting week — September 9-15
Awards ceremonies — September 16-27
Be sure to check out the Silmaril Awards website for more updates and details. Or join the Silmaril Awards Facebook group to keep up with everything and discuss your favorite characters!
So who are the most epic fantasy heroes???
Let the nominations begin!
Nominations are closed.
Thanks to everyone who participated! You nominated some truly epic heroes! Come back Monday, September 9th, to vote on the top 5 nominees in each category!